19 November 2008

NOVEMBER (COMIC) BOOK CLUB

November's book is Watchmen by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons. Okay, let me just say - I was so excited to read Watchmen when I first found out that it was this month's book club pick. I ordered it immediately off of Amazon and still have not received it. The meeting is in three days and I'm really pissed off that I haven't been able to start it yet.

Here's a synopsis taken from wikipedia: "Watchmen takes place in an alternate history United States where the country is edging closer to a nuclear war with the Soviet Union. After government-sponsored superhero The Comedian is found murdered, the vigilante Rorschach warns his former colleagues of what he believes is a conspiracy to kill costumed heroes. As the story progresses, the protagonists discover that one of the heroes has devised a plan to stave off war between the United States and the USSR by carrying out a plan that will kill millions of innocent people."

The movie, directed by Zack Snyder, comes out March 6 of next year.

1 comment:

Brady said...

Huzzah for two week delays! We got the hardcover like nerds.

kaylaporter@gmail.com